Questions Asked of River Guides
The following have all been asked of commercial river guides while rafting
down the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River.
- "Does the river follow the canyon the whole way down?"
- "Since we left camp this morning, have we gained elevation or lost
- "Do we end up in the same place we started?"
- "Are we below sea level here?"
- "Can these life jackets get wet?"
- "Is Lake Powell a direct result of Glen Canyon Dam being placed on the
- "How thick are the canyon walls?"
- "If I would have known there were this many rocks in the Grand Canyon, I
would have never come on this trip."
- "Why did the Lake Powell form on that side of Glen Canyon Dam instead of
Back to the
Things People Said main page.