You wouldn't think there were so many ways to misstate a health problem.
The following are comments from doctors as recorded on patient charts.
Doctors' Comments On Patient Charts:
- "Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for
over a year."
- "On the 2nd day the knee was better and on the 3rd
day it disappeared completely."
- "The patient has been depressed ever since she began
seeing me in 1993."
- "Discharge status: Alive but without permission."
- "Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year-old male, mentally
alert but forgetful."
- "The patient refused an autopsy."
- "The patient has no past history of suicides."
- "Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital."
- "Patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with
only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days."
- "Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch."
- "She has had no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband
states she was very hot in bed last night."
- "She is numb from her toes down."
- "While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home."
- "The skin was moist and dry."
- "Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches."
- "Patient was alert and unresponsive."
- "She stated that she had been constipated for most of
her life, until she got a divorce."
- "I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for
- "The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took
a job as a stockbroker instead."
- "Patient has two teenage children but no other abnormalities."
- "Skin: Somewhat pale but present."
- "Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we
should sit on the abdomen, and I agree."
- "By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart stopped, and he was feeling
- "The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane
ran out of gas and crashed."
- "When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room."
- "Patient was released to outpatient department without dressing."
- "The patient will need disposition, and therefore we will get Dr. Blank to
dispose of him."
- "The patient expired on the floor uneventfully."
Patients' Sign-In Complaints:
Back to the
Things People Said main page.