Forest Service Feedback
These quotations are actual comments left on Forest Service registration sheets
and comment cards by hikers completing wilderness camping trips.
- "Escalators would help on steep uphill sections."
- "A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there a
way I can get reimbursed? Please call."
- "Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to
reduce worldwide population growth to limit the number of visitors to
- "Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands."
- "Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are
more likely to chase animals."
- "All the mile markers are missing this year."
- "Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse."
- "Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go
- "Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the
wilderness to rid the area of these pests."
- "Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in the winter."
- "Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful
views without having to hike to them."
- "The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please
eradicate these annoying animals."
- "Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at
night with flashlights."
- "A McDonald's would be nice at the trailhead."
- "The places where trails do not exist are not well marked."
- "Too many rocks in the mountains."
- "Need more signs to keep area pristine."
Back to the
Things People Said main page.